"An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted." - Arthur Miller

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Special Comment: "You Lie"

At first I didn't think that South Carolina Representative Joe Wilson's "You lie" outburst during the Presidential Address on Healthcare reform deserved a Special Comment from Keith Olbermann. That is until I heard it and he pointed out the many many lies the Bush Administration told for eight years and yet none ever yelled "You lie" during his addresses even though they were deserved.

The idiocy around this debate continues to confound me. Eight years of lies, two wars, thousands dead, but reforming healthcare is the thing that gets the "base" and "god fearing" folks most wound up? How? Why? I would love to explain to me out of all the issues to get heated about why has this one become the issue to gather around? Where were you a year ago? Two years ago? Eight years ago? How do you function with a moral compass that moves according to whatever your "conservative" talking heads tell you to believe? Do you have no mind of your own? Do you have no sense of even your own personal history and compare your "beliefs" from the past with your "beliefs" of the present and not noticed the inconsistencies? I just don't get it, I really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment