"An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted." - Arthur Miller

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Time for Politics

I often post of various boards on the web and decided that since I am making the equilvant of blog entries with my on the fly responses, it would be a waste to not use em here. So here, have a diatribe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some this whole "please make me feel safe and secure from the terrorists" is their entire world. Me, I think terror, I think war but I also think gas prices, medicare, taxes, deficit, laws, order, murder committed by our own, environment, abortion, Supreme Court, .... well you know that whole pesky and inconvient domestic policy that really has nothing to do with a War on Terror...er mean War in Iraq...er mean War for a Free Iraq....oh wait I think its back to War on Terror again this week. Something Bush likes to forget cause domestic policy is hard...poking at a map and say sure blow that up...thats easy.

4 years and Bush's policy for home, when he remembers to have one, is tax cuts. Thats it. He talks all the time about Kerry's record...but look at his. He basically has no record because he has done nothing domestically. I guess if your world is "please protect me from the bad foreign men" thats great. But I prefer a president that has the ability to multi-task. Something Bush's record shows he is incapable of.

Anycase, my point is your warm and fuzzies are important...but you do have remember there is more to running a country then just attacking others and the occasional tax cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment