"An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted." - Arthur Miller

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Week 2 of TV Premiers Review

Another week, another week of new shows and new season starts. Once again a quick review off all that I watched just before the whittle down process begins.

Monday 9/26
The Class - I am warming to it but its still a strange show, but the potential is starting to show.
How I Met Your Mother - Great show, watch if you are not already.
CSI: Miami - Continues to entertain.
Runaway - I can tell its probably a good show, but it just doesn't get my interest.
Prison Break - One of the best shows on TV.
Vanished - Just as I was about to pass, they kill a major character. Now want to find out what happens next.
Heroes - Loving this show. A bit slow in pace but the characters are solid and I am developing a crush on Hayden Panettiere.
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - Personally I think this shows great, but its so insider and presents itself as being so smart that I am doubting it will last the season which is a shame. I will stick around as long as it does however.

Tuesday 9/26
Boston Legal - Show is at it best when Shatner and Spader are on screen.
NCIS - Little entertaining workhorse.
The Unit - I think I will have to pass now, I just can't get into it.
Smith - Ditto. I just could care less about any of the characters.
House - Going to miss it when baseball finals start.
Standoff - I like the show, but wouldn't mind if the show focused more on the scenarios and less on the relationship.
Law and Order Criminal Intent and SVU - Still good.
Nip/Tuck - Still freaky but still entertaining.

Wednesday 9/27
Jericho - Great show but not sure how long can maintain the dread without it getting old.
Criminal Minds - another crime related workhorse, worth watching.
CSI:NY - Stick a fork, done watching.
Bones - Another show will miss due to baseball.
Justice - I like it but it will go in just a few more airings. Its a little to clean cut and predictable.
Kidnapped - Liking this one a lot, give it a try, the characters are compelling.

Thursday 9/28
Ugly Betty - Interesting show, compelling lead in the "ugly" role, but the show is a little sickly sweet for my tastes. Give it one more week then will pass. I am betting that if the tone of the show is maintained the audience will turn off in droves.
Grey's Anatomy - New season, same stories going in the same circles.
Six Degrees - Second week, still not grabbing my interest. My lust for Erika Christensen just isn't enough to keep me coming back for more.
Survivor - That whole race thing sure ended quick, as expected from anyone that has watched the show for a few seasons.
CSI - Good show, not sure what's going on with the Catherine story arc.
Shark - Ug, just don't care about anyone in it.
Smallville - Its sad when the action sequence of the television show is better then any action sequence of the movie. Kristin Kruek continues to be a pretty but bland actress and my lust for Allison Mack increases.
Supernatural - Good start for an entertaining popcorn show.
ER - eh, just getting bored with it for no particular reason and will they either kill off the Sally Field character or quit writing it.

Friday 9/29
Numbers - Another entertaining show.
Law and Order - The new detective is pretty, fairly decent but as usual its the crimes that compel.
Doctor Who - Second season of this strange British import. Its traditional sci-fi with a humorous and dorky twist. I like it but its not for all sci-fi tastes.

Sunday 10/1
Desperate Housewives - More desperate they get, the less I care.
Brothers and Sisters - Could a show get more boring? I am done with it, and sure everyone will be soon too.
Amazing Race - Great show, worth watching.
Cold Case - Its interesting TV, but its also starting to become predictable. The ends with the music and the "ghost" victims is beyond old now. The fact that usually the second or third person they interview is always the bad guys is getting annoying to.
Without A Trace - More they get into the personal lives of the main cast, the more boring it gets. They just are not that compelling even though Poppy Montgomery is a visual treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment