"An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted." - Arthur Miller

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Various Video Game News

Graded Video Games - Old video games are being graded the same way that comics and action figures have been for years. The result is now your unopened games can be worth hundreds of dollars on eBay. Personally I am just annoyed because for years I saved every single video game box I had, tons of on NES, SNES, Sega, etc boxes including the rare Final Fantasy. Then I moved so I tossed the whole lot (include old Star Wars figures). Basically on a lark I probably threw away a few grand worth of items and didn't even know it.

"Real" Mario Animated - A version of Mario was created that would show what he would look life he existed in real life. The result was a very creepy creature. How to make him creepier? Add animation!

Final Fantasy IV DS Coming - For North America, its also referred to as Final Fantasy II for the Super Nintendo. The game is coming out July 22nd, will include updated 3D graphics, voiced cut-scenes, and additional content. IV is one of my favorite FF games so I will definitely be buying this game. A gallery can be found here.

Mario Kart Wii Tracks - A two hour video that shows the 32 tracks for the game. It is now out in Japan and will hit North America shores on April 27th.

2 Hours of Mario Kart Wii (all 32 levels) from WiiNintendo.net on Vimeo

No comments:

Post a Comment