"An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted." - Arthur Miller

Friday, January 25, 2008

Lieberman Joins McCain Campaign

Boston.com is reporting that pseudo Democrat but really Republican Joe Lieberman is joining Presidential candidate John McCain's "state leadership team." I am thinking that McCain is hoping that Lieberman can help deliver a few states including Connecticut and is likely to use that as leverage to join the ticket as his running mate for VP.

Lieberman is the worst kind of Senator. Corrupt, no values, and will go with whatever he thinks will work in that moment of time. Lieberman being on the Democratic ticket in 2000 probably played a part in Gore's defeat and it wouldn't suprise me if he had played a huge part in Gore's decision to cave on the recount court case. I could support McCain. I liked the man I saw in 2000. Not so much in 2004-2007, but maybe he has returned. But like in 2000, if his running mate is Lieberman, I can not and will not support that campaign and can only hope for a McCain defeat as I feel that Lieberman is as much a danger to the country as Bush and Cheney are now and Ghouliani would be. (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment