"An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted." - Arthur Miller

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

CBS 2008 Fall Schedule

CBS has now announced its schedule. The goal is simple, knock ABC off its perch. As a result some borderline shows have been canned and some new ones in the works.

Cancellations
"Cane," "Jericho," "Moonlight (damn)," "Secret Talents of the Stars," "Shark," "Viva Laughlin," "Welcome to the Captain"

Renewals
"48 Hours: Mystery," "60 Minutes," "The Amazing Race," "The Big Bang Theory," "Cold Case," "Crime Time Saturday," "Criminal Minds," "C.S.I.," "C.S.I.: Miami," "C.S.I.: NY," "Ghost Whisperer," "How I Met Your Mother," "N.C.I.S.," "The New Adventures of Old Christine," "Numb3rs," "Rules of Engagement," "Survivor," "Two and a Half Men," "The Unit," "Without a Trace."

New Shows
Eleventh Hour - Drama staring Refus Sewell as a government advisor who investigates scientific crises and oddities. The original BBC program staring Patrick Stewart was good so I will give it a go.

The Ex-List - Bella learns from a psychic she only has a year to find her husband among her ex-boyfriends or risk being alone forever. Hilarity and so forth occur with the help of her friends. Blah. Maybe if the female cast is hot but otherwise it just doesn't sound interesting to me.

Harper's Island - Drama about a murder mystery that occurs during a week-long wedding celebration. Shrug.

The Mentalist - Another drama, this time about a mind reading detective that joins a unit to solve high profile cases. Crimes and friction and other junk occur. I might watch it; a lot will depend on the tone and execution.

Project Gary - Jay Mohr (ug) and Paula Marshall (hmm I have much lust for this woman) lead the cast in this comedy about these recently divorced parents learning to adjust to the single life. It’s got Paula so I have to at least check it out.

Worst Week - Comedy about a guy trying to learn to get along with his fiancĂ©’s parents. The real description pretty much summarizes the pilot and does nothing to explain what the series itself is about which is not a good sign.

Schedule
MONDAY
8pm: "The Big Bang Theory"
8:30pm: "How I Met Your Mother"
9pm: "Two and a Half Men"
9:30pm: "Worst Week"
10pm: "C.S.I.: Miami"

TUESDAY
8pm: "N.C.I.S."
9pm: "The Mentalist"
10pm: "Without a Trace"

WEDNESDAY
8pm: "The New Adventures of Old Christine"
8:30pm: "Project Gary"
9pm: "Criminal Minds"
10pm: "C.S.I.: NY"

THURSDAY
8pm: "Survivor"
9pm: "C.S.I.: Crime Scene Investigation"
10pm: "Eleventh Hour "

FRIDAY
8pm: "Ghost Whisperer"
9pm: "The Ex-List"
10pm: "Numb3rs"

SATURDAY
8pm: "Crime Time Saturday"
10pm: "48 Hours: Mystery"

SUNDAY
7pm: "60 Minutes"
8pm: "The Amazing Race"
9pm: "Cold Case"
10pm: "The Unit"

(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment